The DMO Download
A weekly digest for those who market and manage destinations.
Tips On Solving Hospitality Labor Shortage
New Findings On American Travel Sentiment Revealed
A report from Destination Analysts reveals information about summer American travel sentiment. Some key findings include:
- Over 50% of Americans took an overnight trip in the past three months
- Around 40% of Americans do not want travelers visiting their communities due to the spreading Delta variant
- Almost 70% of travelers say getting lowest possible prices is important to them
- About 38% of travelers specifically consider environmental impact when making travel plans
Google My Business Offers Opportunities For Heritage Tourism
It’s important to use every tool you can to attract more visitors to your area, and Google My Business offers many opportunities to share what your destination has to offer. A well-developed, optimized GMB listing can help your destination rank higher in search results and give your area a competitive advantage using listing geography. Encouraging your local businesses and amenities to build or enhance their listing will help you promote your whole region.
Data And Technology Can Transform Destination Marketing
With more travelers booking longer stays than ever, it’s important for DMOs to stay on top of the big data and technology trends, an article from PhocusWire reports. Using analytics, martech and reporting, DMOs can get more bookings by anticipating what travelers are looking for when planning their trips and also help stakeholders achieve their individual goals through focused marketing. These tools provide insights on trends and help DMOs target specific audiences and see higher conversion rates through their efforts.
Experts Offer Tips On Solving Hospitality Labor Shortage
A HospitalityNet WorldPanel explores opportunities for overcoming the labor shortage. With a panel of experts from the hospitality industry, the webinar provides discussion for the following topics and more:
- How to attract new people to the industry
- Attracting young talent
- The effects of rising salary costs
- Technology helping hotels dependent on humans
- Best suggestions for hospitality workers dealing with labor shortage